Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Florida's Very Own Hemorrhoid...

ABC News Report on Terry Jones...

The link above is to a video reporting of this nut-bag in Gainesville, Florida that burned the Koran or Qur'an. I have to say that I do NOT condone his actions in any way regardless of the amount of discontent that I hold towards and against Muslims! Personally I would not give you 2 nickels for Terry Jones, his Church, or any amount of Muslims!

He states in this interview that he feels that his actions of burning the Muslim Holy Book saved hundreds if not thousands of souls. What in the hell is this dude on? Did he whiff too much model glue as a kid? He actually states that he is prepared to die for his actions. That is great to hear, seeing how he and his congregation have now received over 300 death threats, I find his comfort with this fitting to say the least.
Newton proved in physics a simple rule I feel that applies here!

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

That is a very fundamental law that can be proven not only in physics, but as this moron has proven, that holds true in social interactions as well! Considering the fact, I have spent a lot of time reading about religions and I am not just talking about 1 or 2. I  wanted to be at least able to hold a semi-intelligent conversation with some one of almost any major denomination. I have spent a lot of time researching and attending different congregations. I have gone to a Roman Catholic Mass, I have gone to Baptist, Christian, Methodist, Pentecostal, and many other services.  I have attended Temple during a number of different Jewish Holidays. To follow that up, no I myself am not Jewish. However I do find their practices and faith more tradition based rather than an actual religion. That is strictly an observation tho, nothing more than!
I once attended a Pagan Handfasting when my Mother's other son was married to his wife. I have been to many, many different services for even more occasions and holidays and I can honestly say that I can hold a decent understanding of most major denominations.

Now on to the crackpot in Florida... Referring back to the video, the reporter on site says that the FBI and local law enforcement are there and are also spending thousands of dollars protecting him and his followers. However the reporter then goes on to say that the agencies that are providing protection for him and the others are more concerned with the safety of the neighboring people. That I can understand! This lunatic put innocent lives in danger for his own purpose. 
He is shown in the report to be carrying a weapon for his protection. Let us travel that road of thought, shall we? He shows his gun to the camera as does his assistant and again they stress it is for their own protection! Well, if they actually practiced what they allegedly preach they would not need protection from any one! If they held any form of respect for others then again, they would not require Local and or Federal babysitters!

Then this guy and does the most moronic thing anyone could do! He pissed off the most radical of the radicals. I am NOT a fan of the Muslim faith, or any Muslims I have ever met in my travels. However even after my blatant disregard for them and their ways. I am not going to deliberately do things to piss them off! This guy is walking up to Rabid Grizzly Bear that is known for mauling random people at will and poking it with a very sharp and short stick!

The reporters in the video go on about how they are witnessing the 4th day of rioting in Afghanistan and the body count was up to 20 dead. Did Jones' burning the Koran save their souls? Did his provocation help those who died? All of this violence, new levels of anger, due to some back woods redneck, who is most likely the product of many generations of inbreeding! This Terry Jones guy is the perfect example of WHY you should not go to family reunions to meet women!

I cannot stress enough that I cannot accept how this man has laid American lives at risk. What about the men and women in the armed forces serving our country over there? Yes he does address that in the report! He said that he is willing to make that sacrifice. OH REALLY!? Who in the hell is he to determine that American sons and daughters should die because he has panties in a knot for Muslims? I don't like them either! I am not going to go up to a Muslim Woman and rip of her head gear! I am not going to go and piss on the lawn of Mosque! I will continue to hold my feelings towards that group very near!  I would not bring down unnecessary complications, consequences, or just all around bad juju on myself and or my family because I don't like a group of people. I will remain as I am, I will live and let live.

People of all races, religions, and origins scream and preach togetherness and tolerance. That is a great thought and one hell of a dream! Here is the cold hearted reality to that philosophy tho: IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! As long as there are people of different races, sexual orientation, origin, and of course religion, there will ALWAYS be hate! Even among people of the same faith, same anything there is still hate! 
Togetherness is a dream that will always remain as just that... 

A fantasy that will never come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment