Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter... Last Super... Candy Pooping Rabbits? What!?

This chapter is in reply to yet another Yahoo article. I do not want people to think I am bashing or trashing any one religion! NO! I am NOT! I am however bashing and trashing the laziness of mankind! People as a collective rather follow blindly instead of asking questions of those they follow, or taking time out of their busy lives and look up the information themselves. Why is that? Look at politics and religion! Those are two examples of where people do not look for truth, they look for comfort and listen to only what they want to hear!

This is the link to the article that inspired this "Pearl of Wisdom..."

I find it truly sad that people will follow religion so blindly and yet fight any one who opposes their beliefs and or brainwashing that has been instilled by the Church of any faith. I am not an Atheist, however I am a curious man and this pushes me to ask questions! The article actually states that there is a contradiction in the scriptures!

*GASP!* Say it ain't so!

Sorry to spoil the fun for all you bible thumpers! Easter is yes the celebration of the Resurrection! However, what so many Christians and Catholics hold near and dear is the tradition of the Easter Bunny and colored eggs. I have read a lot over the years and NO WHERE in any scripture have I ever found where Christ said to the disciples anything about a rabbit delivering candy in baskets mixed with colored and or decorated eggs! Why is this? Oh, it is a Pagan practice adopted by the Christian and Catholic Church to help make the Pagans transition into the Church easier! Same with the Christmas tree... Anyhow, people are taught these "Traditions" that have nothing to do with the actual belief that they hold so dear! I can see it now... Christ is at the table of the last super and one of many topics is Christ's utter hatred for eggs! He spoke to the disciples and said: "I will return and upon my return I do NOT want to see any Eggs! I don't care if you paint them and hide them! I don't wanna see them!"

As I have stated, nowhere in any scripture is that written, but the church adopted this practice and made it tradition many, many years ago and now the capitalists have cashed in on the crushing of another religion and we now celebrate it! WOW! Religion is a contradiction within itself!

Something else to consider! The bible has been rewritten, translated and or converted over 5,000 times that we know of... Who did these revisions? Man. Man wrote the scriptures and the revisions and translations to them. There is a book on the shelves right now tittled: Misquoting Jesus. It is written by a historian who has found documented cases of scribes admitting to changing the content and texts of the scriptures! When the bible was written originally, the scribes and the few selected to learn to read and write were truly privileged! With that power, they became drunk in their own minds and made things fit to their likings! I am not trying to cause waves, I am merely trying to make people see that there are flaws in what the Church has pushed and peddled for many, many years!

It is easy to change a theory or an idea! People will DIE for a belief! I will refrain from giving examples on that thought!

After thought and updates:
I don't know if I made it clear, but the post above was the post I left on the Yahoo article. I did get 2 thumbs up and 2 down so far. With surprisingly only one actual reply and I felt compelled to counter his brief and overview and critique...

The Yahoo User named Dizco Bizkit said:

Little too wordy, know-it-all...

Wow, I am so taken back by that reply that I must now atone for my thoughts and wicked ways... Oh, wait... No I don't! I did say I replied. Here is what I said to him...

I will bet you any amount of money that you wish to lay on the line that YOU did not even read the post that I wrote! You being as I stated in my posting... Too lazy to read for yourself and expect others to spoon feed you that which you require. I am sorry that my explanation was too long or comprehensive for your mind to take in. You most likely saw the length of the post and thought that I was a good target for your nerd rage! Good luck with your ignorance, I am sure that you will go far in life as I sit here and chuckle silently...

No comments:

Post a Comment